Adolf Hitler Facts...
1. He was born in 4/20/1889, and died ten days after his birthday in 1945.
3. He was a methamphetamine addict.
4. He loved animals (hence the vegetarianism).
5. He received singing lessons as a child, and though he never did it professionally, it was said that he could carry a tune pretty well.
6. He worked as a painter at the beginning of the 20th century, painting famous landmarks in Vienna, Austria on postcards.
7. He was homeless at one time, before becoming a soldier in WW1.
8. He loved children. He was only 5' 8" tall.
9. Allegedly, his favorite movie was King Kong (1933).
10. He earned 3 awards in his life (In WW1: Iron Cross 1st Class, Iron Cross 2nd Class, and the Wound Badge). He also won Time Magazine's 'Man of the Year' award in 1938.
11. One of the weird Adolf Hitler Facts is that he wanted his soldiers to be able to have their needs met without getting involved with foreign women.
So he ordered plastic bodied females to be created for them. They had blonde hair, white skin, large breasts and lips, and their “stuff” would “feel absolutely real”.
He took real pleasure in the idea that underpaid performers are risking their lives to please him. However, he isn’t interested in wild animal acts, unless there was a woman in danger.
12. Hitler’s good friend, Ernst Hanfstaengl, had been sent to study at Harvard by his parents.
When he returned, he described the cheerleaders to Adolf, who became obsessed with the idea of stirring blind enthusiasm in this way.
“‘Rah, rah, rah’ became “Sig Heil, Heil Hitler,” Hanfstaengl recalled later, “That is the origin of it, and I suppose I must take my part of the blame.
Being a vegetarian...
13. Nobody actually knows his reasoning for this. Maybe it was health related or he just didn’t want to kill poor, innocent, defenseless, animals.
Some people say that he became a vegetarian after attending the autopsy of a girlfriend.
She killed herself after being actively pursued by Hitler.
Well that’s a surprise that she killed herself.
After her death, he was grief stricken, and felt compelled to attend the autopsy.
Afterwards, he refused to eat meat, and took every opportunity to ruin meat for others.
14. Hitler had a fear of cats, called Ailurophobia, and shared this phobia with other well known people such as Alexander the Great, Napoleon, and Mussolini.
15. When Hitler was a child he wanted to be a priest but later in life he denounced Christians saying they were "wimps."
16. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 1939.
17. Hitler protected a Jewish-Australian doctor who hadn't charged his family because of financial hardship. Hitler called him "Noble Jew."
18. During World War 1 Hitler was captured and while in prison he wrote to a Mercedes Dealership and pleaded for a car loan. However, he never did learn how to drive and, as far as we know, never got that car loan.
19. Hitler awarded Henry Ford with a Distinguished Cross because he thought he was a good business man and he hated Jews.
20. A little known Adolf Hitler fact.. he never visited one single concentration camp.
21. He started the first ever anti-smoking campaign in modern history.
22. Hitler planned to collect thousands of Jewish artifacts for after the war so he could show case them in a "Museum of an extinct race."
23. The German public did not know about the relationship between Hitler and Eva Braun until after the war. Hitler wanted to remain attractive to women so he remained single for political reasons.
24. He was born in Austria 4/20/1889 and was not awarded a German citizenship until 1932.
25. In July 1932 elections the Nazi Party became the controlling political party in Germany.
26. Germany's president, Paul von Hindenburg, died in office on 8/2/1934. That was convenient wasn't it?
27. In 1938 Hitler annexed Austria without firing a shot.
28. He attacked Poland 9/1/1939 and World War II began.
29. On April 29, 1945 Hitler married Eva Braun and they committed suicide on 4/30/1945.
We hope you have enjoyed these tidbits of Adolf Hitler Facts!